Remember the fur I used in my wolf cloak for my Little Red Riding Hood costume set?
I had just a bit less than a yard left of it after the cloak was done. It’s just been sitting around for a couple of months, gathering dust.
At the urging of one of my friends, I decided to make a pillow out of it. Truly, I wasn’t eager to use the fur again. It’s a total pain in the butt to sew with because you have to cut the fur away from the seam allowance before you sew it and then it goes EVERYWHERE.
In some of the pictures, you will see a lint roller in the background. It’s not there for decoration.
I cut away the extra fur around all the edges…
…and sewed in a zipper to the shorter edges.
Then I pinned the longer edges together, with the zipper about a quarter of the way away from the halfway fold. I decided against putting the zipper right on the edge in the hopes that it would be covered by the fur more there. It was a total pain to push the remaining fur out of the seam. Ugh.
And then I was done. Voila!
It’s all soft and furry. I kinda love it 😀