I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is a hybrid of a blogging award and a chain email (with ten times more awesomeness). When you get nominated, you answer ten questions posed by the nominator and then nominate ten more small bloggers and ask them ten new questions.
I was nominated by the fabulous Britney Lee over at All Things Britney Lee, where she shares motivational musings and awesome DIYs.
Here are her questions:
1. what are some of your favorite movies?
I have to say, I’m not a huge movie-watcher, but I do have some (very stereotypical) favorites. “The Princess Bride”, of course, “Pitch Perfect” and “Mean Girls” are all at the top of my list right now. Wow, that makes me sound so sappy.
2. what is one of your favorite quotes?
Oh my god. I have so many favorite quotes. Here we go:
1. “If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have something to do with a shortage of flowers.” — Doug Larson (because no matter how much I love the English language, this quote will never stop being relatable)
2. “Write it, shoot it, publish it, crochet it, saute it, whatever. Make.” –Joss Whedon (because that’s totally my motto)
3. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill (stereotypical, I know, but relatable)
That’s not even close to all of them … and I’m just realizing the questions says “one” … oops 😀
3. if you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Oh, hard question. I guess I’d really like to learn to speak French fluently because I’m taking it in school right now and it’s a beautiful, complex language that I have only the most basic understanding of.
4. if you had to change you first name, what would you change it to?
Allison. No question. That’s the name of basically every character I’ve every written, at least initially. It’s so bad that it’s an inside joke between me an my sister. But, hey, I really like the name.
5. what are three pet peeves of yours?
1. People complaining when school actually requires thought (crazy, I know)
2. a badly pressed seam
3. when my bobbin runs out three inches before the end of a seam
6. what is your favorite joke?
“Puh-wraise Gawd for da turtle” is a favorite right now (please don’t ask).
7. what are three of your guilty pleasures?
1. sewing instead of studying
8. if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Write. A lot. (I don’t post it here, but I really love writing YA fantasy.)
9. what is your favorite physical features about yourself.
My hair. It’s red and curly on a good day and fun to play with.
10. why are you so awesome?
Because I have awesome friends and an awesome twin and awesome family members who make me awesome.
- Threading Through Time – historical costumes with buckets of research and beautiful results
- After Dark Sewing – crafter and seamstress with super cute designs. Check out her rainbow dress and fall in love.
- Draped in Cloudlets – yes, she technically has too many followers for the award but I absolutely love her style
- And Now Sewing – I’m in love with her Orphelia costume sketches
- BlackLace – cool makeup and a unique fashion sense
- Inara’s Clothes and Costumes – cute style and interesting sewing
I’m going to leave it as six because I don’t want to randomly find blogs and just post them with no real conviction. I seriously love the blogs above 😀 (sorry for the breach of customs )
- What is your creative process?
- What can you absolutely not function without?
- What is your favorite part of your day and why?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? (bragging time guys)
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What makes you fangirl?
- How do you deal with stress?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who inspires you?
- What do you love about yourself?
Congratulations to everyone nominated! I can’t wait to hear your responses! Thanks again to Britney for the nomination (and sorry for taking so long to post this).