This is the home of everything related to my floral late-1860s (Victorian crinoline era) gown, to be worn to Costume College 2016!
- I started this project off with my first incoherent brain dump of ideas!
- I shared the first steps of self-drafting my 1860s corset in this post about all the mockups.
- more to come soon!
Hopefully most of these will end up tagged in the blog posts, but you can never really be sure and they’re all really useful links that I want to share with you all! A thousand thanks to the people who put these references together!
- not an outside reference, but this does have a ton of information: my Pinterest board for this project
- Before the Automobile’s Gusseted 1870s Corset has information about her construction methods and really inspiring pictures of her finished project!
- Southern Creations has a super informative article about different 1860s headdresses and hairpieces that I found fascinating!
- I’ll probably draft my own, but Truly Victorian has beautiful patterns for both gown bodices and crinolines.
- Southern Creations also has a fascinating article on choosing appropriate civil war era fabrics (I’ll probably buy whatever I can afford but it’s nice to know)