Timeline: December 2014
Patterns Used: Butterick 6053 for the bodice (then heavily modified), no pattern for the skirt
Fabrics: 3 yards of red-white-blue striped, cotton fabric
My Favorite Part: the stripes, hands down. I really loved working with them and matching them up. It was a nice challenge and worked out exactly how I wanted it to.
Techniques and firsts: this was my first time matching stripes and my first time making spaghetti straps. You can read more about my process in my in-progress post.
I’m the model in these pictures and my sister took them in our front yard thing. It’s not really a yard. But it has pretty roses. I wore the dress with the petticoat I made, a blazer from Forever 21, and my red Converse.
Reflections: I’m super please with how this dress turned out, and I really loved manipulating the fabric to find new patterns. I’m looking forward to trying it again. My only regret with this dress would be that I didn’t line it because of the randomness of the alterations I did. But the fabric is a nice weight that hangs fine without the lining, so I think it’s a moot point.